As persistent efforts towards academic excellence we are happy to announce our new venture. An edited book titled “Insurance Industry in India – Sky is the Limit” with the support and guidance of Prof. Sanjeev Bajaj, Associate Professor, Xavier Institute of Social Service, Ranchi. We intend to bring this book as a useful reference book for post-graduate and under-graduate students as well as industry practitioners.
We invite you to contribute one or two chapters for the book. The tentative list of chapters is enclosed for your kind reference.
Required specifications are as following:
• Last Date for Expression of Interest to Contribute a Chapter : June 30, 2015
• Last Date for Submission of Full Chapter – August 30, 2015
• Expected date to go in Print : November 30, 2015
Financials involved :
• Fee from contributing authors: Rs. 2000 (Rupees Two Thousand only) per chapter. A chapter can be contributed by a single author or co-authored by maximum two authors. Maximum two chapters per author(s)
• Last date for sending the fee – June 30, 2015
• By Demand Draft : In favor of LORDS PUBLISHING HOUSE payable at Ranchi
• Or By Online Transfer to :
Name of the A/c. : LORDS PUBLISHING HOUSE
Account No. : 708201010050040
Bank Name : Union Bank of India
Branch : ARGORA Branch (Ranchi, Jharkhand)
IFS Code : UBIN0570826
• The chapters must be submitted in Microsoft Word Document or compatible format.
• Font – Times New Roman
• Font Size – 12 points for body text, Headings 14 point bold face, Sub heading 12 point bold face
• Line Spacing – 1.5 lines for body text, Single line for tables
• Alignment – Justified
• References : Relevant and consulted reference pertaining article should be appended at the end of the manuscript in accordance to APA (American Psychological Association) Style Guide format (6th Edition)
Copyright and Plagiarism:
Following declaration should be attached by the contributors of the article:
“This is to certify that contents of my/our chapter entitled ……………………………………………………..
are original and approved by all author(s). It has neither been published anywhere nor being considered for publication elsewhere. The paper is being submitted only to Lords Publishing House for publication in book titled “ Insurance Industry in India” . Proper permission and
acknowledgement has been made for using the resource data. I/We authorize to edit, alter, modify and make suitable changes for publication and will be solely responsible for all statements made in the book chapter.”
• The publishers will have the copyright on the book and the chapters published.
Contact Details :
Lords Publishing House
C-16 Ashok Prastha, Dibadih
Once we receive confirmation along with contribution for a certain chapter from maximum two contributing authors we will declare it closed and will not accept any more authors on that chapter. Details will be available on our website for the book.
We invite your suggestions also to come out with best possible book.
Enclosed : Tentative list of chapters.
Section – 1. Insurance Industry
i) Concept of Insurance and Risk Management
ii) History of Insurance in India
iii) Nationalization of Insurance Industry and It’;s outcome.
iv) Insurance Law in India
v) Role of IRDA in Development of Insurance Industry in India
vi) Distribution of Insurance in India (about various channels of distribution)
vii) New Channels of distributions – Bankassurance and Online Channel
viii) Importance of Ethics in Insurance Business
ix) Risk assessment and Underwriting
x) Role of Information Technology in Insurance Business
xi) Contribution of Insurance Industry in Economic Development of Nation
xii) Insurance in India with respect to rest of the world
xiii) Micro Insurance
xiv) Government’;s Welfare Insurance Schemes
Section – 2. Life Insurance
i) Life Insurance Industry – History and Growth
ii) New product development in Life Insurance
iii) Major Life Insurance Products
Section – 3. General Insurance
i) General Insurance Industry – History and Growth
ii) Principles of General Insurance
iii) New Developments in General Insurance Industry due to LPG
iv) Emerging Health Insurance Sector in India